Re: Sharing compiled builds between multiple 12-CURRENT boxes.

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 05:48:04 -0700
In message <20180820062511.yaa2rimgmwpv3hxx_at_kazhap>, Dhananjay Balan
writes:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 04:36:15PM -0700, Cy Schubert wrote:
> > You can use NFS or rsync. Make sure the src and obj path names are
> > exactly the same on all thes servers. I used to use NFS until a year or
> > two ago when I started using different patches on different machines.
> > On occasion I've used rsync followed by a NO_CLEAN, WORLDFAST, KERNFAST
> > build on the target machine or simply installkernel and installworld.
> >

> I had a quick try of this, with rsync. installkernel worked properly
> and I can boot, howver installworld fails with lot of $PROGRAM not
> found erroer for env, mktemp etc.
>
> Thanks for all the suggestions I will grok at the installworld a bit
> more, and will also give PkgBase a try.

Make sure the archs are the same. Make sure the src and obj pathnames
on both servers are exactly the same. Make sure /usr/src (or wherever
you put it) is the same, it too needs to be rsynced.

The tiniest differences will lead to this error.

Don't do this _during_ a build on the source machine, and other common
sense things.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>