Re: Loader post r338064 deletes GOP screen when asking geli passphrase

From: Kyle Evans <kevans_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 14:35:16 -0500
On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 1:01 PM, Harry Schmalzbauer <freebsd_at_omnilan.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as far as I understand, r338064 should bring back default loader
> environment.
>
> I'm UEFI booting r338093/amd64 (LynxPoint/Haswell).
>
> Since today, the GOP-console output of the first loader lines get deleted
> when the geli passphrase prompt shows up.
>
> Nothing uncommon here, and never seen that before, but I guess this can be
> considered a bug.
> Or is that an intended behaviour?

It is intended behavior, but I won't claim that it isn't a bug. =) I
*think* I added the screen clear prior to going into the passphrase
prompt because the cursor position was ending up all wrong and it the
passphrase prompt was obscured by lots of noisy text that it ended up
drawing in the middle of.

I'm certainly willing to go back on that position if there turns out
to be a better solution, one of which I think I see.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans