Re: Newly upgraded -CURRENT box does not boot

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 17:09:28 -0600
On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 4:50 PM, Brett <freebsdcurrent_at_codexterous.com>
wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Should I be doing "make LOADER_DEFAULT_INTERP=4th buildkernel && make
> LOADER_DEFAULT_INTERP=4th installkernel"?

Nope. Kernel has nothing to do with it. That won't work.

I had also previously tried " make clean all install
> WITHOUT_LUA_LOADER=yes" in /usr/src/stand which did not help.

You could just do "ln -sf /boot/loader_4th /boot/loader" and reboot if
that's the issue. Or at the boot2 prompt, you could type in
/boot/loader_4th if you haven't booted yet.

You could also do a simple 'make install LOADER_DEFAULT_INTERP=4th" which
does approximately the same thing.

Though why you'd get loader.lua not found is kinda crazy

Warner