Native Encryption for ZFS on FreeBSD CFT

From: Matthew Macy <mmacy_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 18:55:35 -0700
To anyone with an interest in native encryption in ZFS please test the
projects/zfs-crypto-merge-0820 branch in my freebsd repo:
https://github.com/mattmacy/networking.git

( git clone  https://github.com/mattmacy/networking.git -b
projects/zfs-crypto-merge-0820 )

The UI is quite close to the Oracle Solaris ZFS crypto with minor
differences for specifying key location.

Please note that once a feature is enabled on a pool it can't be
disabled. This means that if you enable encryption support on a pool
you will never be able to import it in to a ZFS without encryption
support. For this reason I would strongly advise against using this on
any pool that can't be easily replaced until this change has made its
way in to HEAD after the freeze has been lifted.

By way of background the original ZoL commit can be found at:
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/pull/5769/commits/5aef9bedc801830264428c64cd2242d1b786fd49

Thanks in advance.
-M