Re: drm / drm2 removal in 12

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 17:39:55 -0700
On 8/24/18 4:07 PM, blubee blubeeme wrote:

> This project: https://wiki.freebsd.org/Use%20linuxkpi%20in%20DRM
> Goals
>
>     - Move DRM headers to a similar location as Linux
>     -
>
>     Use kmalloc() instead of malloc(9)
>     - Use kref
>     -
>
>     Use idr and get rid of drm_gem_names.c
>     - Use PCI API
>     - Use Linux locking primitives
>
> is garbage, if you want to use develop Linux code and use Linux then go do
> that on Linux.
having a hard time not feeding the troll here...but what specifically is
garbage.  as in, what implementation of all this work do you have
available that has been developed independently which also enables
support for modern desktop and portable systems that you can buy today?
> Are these guys insane and please avoid the nonsense about you're doing this
> in your spare time.

speaking as someone who's been working on this from pretty much the day
of the initial CFT (maybe before?) - i don't know anyone who's getting
paid for this specific work.  at least when it comes to GPU support.
but, if you have the means, I'd love to work on this full time and am
open to any serious offers :)

-pete

--
Pete Wright