Re: Suppose a user on a pilgrimage to /usr/src, modified UPDATING

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 03:21:03 -0800
On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 09:49:13AM +0000, miltonott wrote:
>   O great and powerful FreeBSD biome. May I redirect from here to a paste  site
> service, a rearrangement of development directory head file /usr/src/UPDATING.
>
> UPDATING.ORIG -> http://dpaste.com/1WRWG26.txt
> -
> UPDATING      -> http://dpaste.com/1Z4E3H1.txt
> -
> UPDATING.DIFF -> http://dpaste.com/0HF44M9.txt

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by doing that, but
UPDATING isn't used in the process of building FreeBSD from sources,
except by the human directing the process.

It's for human consumption.

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
If POTUS nominates one who's "dumb as a rock" for Cabinet, who's at fault?