possible POLA violation for NFS server to make it Linux compatible

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 01:05:59 +0000
It was my understanding that the NFSv4 working group believed that the requirement
for the NFSv4 client to use a priviledged port# (< 1024) should not exist.
As such, I coded the server to ignore the vfs.nfsd.nfs_privport sysctl and allow the
mount for NFSv4.

PR#234106 has reported this as a compatibility issue w.r.t. the Linux NFS server.

The change to make the FreeBSD NFSv4 server use vfs.nfsd.nfs_privport is trivial
and I think being compatible with Linux is important (I see it as the defacto
standard NFS implementation these days).

However, I am concerned that this change will result in a slight POLA violation
for sites with vfs.nfsd.nfs_privport set, but doing NFSv4 mounts that might now fail.
What do others think I should do?

rick