Re: devd in r329188M don't start

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 08:17:37 -0700
On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 8:06 AM, Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_selasky.org>
wrote:

> On 02/17/18 15:58, Warner Losh wrote:
>
>> USB WAS ABSOLUTELY TESTED. I rebooted my machine several times, unloaded
>> drivers, etc. It all just worked for me.
>>
>> Please don't make snide comments like this, along with drive by commits to
>> devmatch without even discussing the problems with me. It's really pissing
>> me off.
>>

> Are you using a different shell then? It did not work for me, and several
> others. Did you also check you've removed the old /etc/devd/usb.conf ?? And
> did you check no errors were in the console?

Yes. I did check there were no error... It just worked... However, I have a
pruned set of .ko's in the test setup which likely lead to not noticing the
multiple-module issue.

It was a mistake to not check before removing the old usb.conf. You are
right, I should have done that.

Warner