Re: ACPI panic on boot with new Lua loader and other minor issues

From: Juan Ramón Molina Menor <listjm_at_club.fr>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 11:43:27 +0100
Le 20/02/2018 à 22:45, Kyle Evans a écrit :
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 8:21 AM, Juan Ramón Molina Menor <listjm_at_club.fr> wrote:
>> [... snip ...]
>>
>> Moreover, the "boot [kernel]" loader command does not work:
>>
>> OK ls /boot/kernel.old/kernel
>>      /boot/kernel.old/kernel
>> OK boot kernel.old
>> Command failed
>> OK boot /boot/kernel.old/kernel
>> Command failed
>> OK boot kernel
>> Command failed
>>
>> On the other hand, just "boot" works.
>>

> This part should work as expected as of r329674, so please give that a
> shot. I'm still trying to see if I can reproduce your box drawing
> problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kyle Evans

Thanks Kyle.

boot command works now. There is though a somewhat strangely formulated
messages when trying to load an non-existent kernel:

OK boot fake
Failed to load kernel ’fake’
Failed to load any kernel
can’t load ’kernel’

The two last lines are odd: Did the loader try to load a fallback kernel
and failed? That would explain the ’kernel’ name in quotes, but I have
such a kernel… Also, just nitpicking, but "can’t" should be capitalized.

Then, I have just remembered why I was seeing a higher resolution menu
before: I had set 'gop set 0' in /boot/loader.rc.local. It seems the new
loader is not implementing the inclusion of this file, because I can
change the gop mode in the loader with 'gop set [0-3]'.

This has thus nothing to do with the drawing lines, I guess.

Best regards.