Re: A small procedural request

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:22:08 +0800
On 21/2/18 7:14 pm, Tomoaki AOKI wrote:
> Hi.
>
> +1. But have one suggestion for format.
> Something like
>
>   Broken by: rXXXXXXX
>   Broken by: Unknown (Bugfix but the revision introduced it is unknown)
>
> and optionally
>
>   Broken by: No (To emphasize it's NOT a bugfix.)

I think that is probably too much, but the        Broken by:  would be
good.

> would be better for scripts already handling "MFC after: " or
>
> If put on the top with "MFC rXXXXXX: Comments", it can be
>
>   FIX rXXXXXX: Comments

possibly..
that Would allow some sort of collection of the data to  suggest good
places to
retrospectively base your head following (but not too closely) branches.
but may be more work that people are willing to do..
For myself, just a hint of where the bug was introduced would help a lot.
further more if you have a branch/product based at some point in time,
this would help
you to know when a patch needs to be cherry picked back to your code.