GELI changes?

From: Krassimir Slavchev <krassi_at_bulinfo.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 17:04:24 +0200
Hi All,

On FreeBSD 8 & 9 I was able to use GELI on preloaded image providing
keys either via loader.conf or via custom usb driver.
On FreeBSD 11 & CURRENT I can not make usb drivers to load before GELI
(e.g. MODULE_DEPEND(g_eli, my_usb_device, 1, 1, 1) in g_eli.c). Also,
which may be related to current EFI changes. On CURRENT loading keys
from loader.conf produces kernel panic because cryptosoft is not
initialized (opencrypto/crypto.c:497, CRYPTO_DRIVER_LOCK() spin mutex
(null)).

So, could we load USB layer before GELI?
Is there a way to re-taste a GEOM provider a bit later but before root
mount?

Best regards,

--
Krassimir Slavchev           Bulinfo Ltd.
krassi_at_bulinfo.net           (+359 2) 9699 166