Re: GELI with UEFI supporting Boot Environments goes to HEAD when?

From: Eric McCorkle <eric_at_metricspace.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 18:15:47 -0500
The GELI work could be merged at this point, though it won't be usable
without an additional patch to enable loader-only operation.  The
patches are currently up for review:

This is the order in which they'd need to be merged:

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12732

This one changes the efipart device.  Toomas Soome identified some
problems, which I have addressed.  He has not re-reviewed it, however.

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12692

This adds some crypto code needed for GELI.  It simply adds new code,
and doesn't conflict with anything.

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12698

This adds the EFI KMS interface code, and has the EFI loader pass keys
into the keybuf interface.

I can't post the main GELI driver until those get merged, as it depends
on them.  It can be found on the geli branch on my github freebsd
repository, however.

Additionally, you need this patch, which allows loader.efi to function
when installed directly to the ESP:

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D13497