Re: update of graphics/drm-next-kmod to Linux 4.11 level for recent CURRENT and 11-STABLE

From: Jan Bramkamp <crest_at_rlwinm.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 17:53:58 +0100
On 25.02.18 16:48, Johannes M Dieterich wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please CC me as I am not subscribed.
>
> On behalf of the FreeBSDDesktop team and thanks to the tireless efforts
> of Johannes Lundberg and Hans Petter Selasky (hselasky), I am pleased to
> report that the graphics/drm-next-kmod port just received an update to
> Linux level 4.11 KMS/DRM for amdgpu, radeon, and i915 for both recent
> CURRENT and 11-STABLE.
>
> We have tested this on a range of hardware ourselves:
> * Haswell
> * Broadwell
> * Skylake
> * Evergreen
> * Kaveri (both radeon and amgpu KMS)
> * Carrizo
> * Polaris
>
> Needless to say, the possible space of hardware this could run on is
> significantly larger. Hence, if you find issues and/or want to propose
> patches, please do so at our development github:
>
> https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/kms-drm
>
> We absolutely do welcome contributions!
>
> Johannes

Thx for your hard work. The drm-next-kmod port enabled me to finally
replace my ageing Thinkpad X220 with newer hardware.

The latest update (g20180117_3 -> 4.11.g20180224) to the drm-next-kmod
port introduced a regression which causes Xorg on my T470s running
12-current from a few days ago to fail at startup stating that it didn't
find any screen.