Re: Programmatically cache line

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_nuxi.nl>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 22:37:21 +0100

>> > Hm, weird. Why don't we extend sysctl to include this info?
>
> For the same reason we do not provide a sysctl to add two integers.

I strongly agree with Kostik on this one. Why add stuff to the kernel,
if userspace is already capable of extracting this? Adding that stuff
to sysctl has the downside that it will effectively introduce yet
another FreeBSDism, whereas something generic already exists.

--
Ed Schouten <ed_at_nuxi.nl>
Nuxi, 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands