Re: Intel CPU design flaw - FreeBSD affected? // disabling _R_DTSC

From: Andrew Reilly <areilly_at_bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 13:30:29 +1100
On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 02:27:40AM +0800, blubee blubeeme wrote:
> I'd love to see if RISC-V is vulnerable to this?
>
> I think they are in the best position to capitalize on this clusterfk...

It's a micro-architecture flaw, not an instruction set flaw, so
just as for ARM and amd64, it will depend on the specific version.
The only RISC-V hardware that I'm aware of is in-order (no speculation)
so unlikely to be affected.  There aren't any data-centre-scale
RISC-V systems yet, but some are being worked-on.  Will be interesting
to see if they suddenly push out roadmaps while they go back to
re-design to avoid this...

Cheers,

Andrew