Re: USB stack

From: Mark Millard <markmi_at_dsl-only.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 09:41:43 -0800
On 2018-Jan-7, at 7:50 AM, blubee blubeeme <gurenchan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran this test and here's some results.
> gstat -pd images:
>
> 18GB file from laptop to phone: https://imgur.com/a/7iHwv
> 18GB file from laptop to ssd: https://imgur.com/a/40Q6V
> multiple small files from laptop to phone: https://imgur.com/a/B4v4y
> multiple small files from laptop to ssd: https://imgur.com/a/mDiMu
>
> The files are missing timestamps but the originals were taken with scrot and have timestamps available here: https://nofile.io/f/mzKnkpM9CyC/stats.tar.gz2
>
> as far as why there's such high deletions? I can't say I'm only using cp.

I assume that md99 is for a file-based swap-space, such as
via /var/swap0 file. (As a side note I warn about bugzilla
206048 for such contexts.) Otherwise please describe how
md99 is created. (Below I assume the swap-space usage of
md99.)

The only other device that your pictures show is your
NVMe device nvd0.

No picture shows a device for the LG v30 when it is mentioned
above as being copied to or from. How is it that there is no
mounted device shown for the LG v30?

No picture shows a device for the SSD when it is mentioned
above as being copied to or from. How is it that there
is no mounted device shown for the SSD?

Without a device displayed for the LG-v30/SSD there is nothing
displayed for its reads or writes. This makes the gstat -pd
useless.

May be the p needs to be omitted for some reason? gstat -d

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net