Re: LLD: man pages missing?

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 20:38:58 -0500
On 25 December 2017 at 15:16, O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org> wrote:
> I have installed most recent CURRENT as of r327219 with LLD_IS_LD=YES set
> via /etc/src.conf.
>
> I try to find some options and tried "man ld", "man lld" and "ld.lld". In the the latter
> two cases there can nothing be found on the system and man ld always seems to refer to
> the GNU linker - which is, I believe, the linker reached by /usr/bin/ld.bfd. There is
> also a linker "ld" in /usr/local/bin/ld from binutils-2.28,1.
>
> Can someone help?

krion_at_ started a man page, and Arshan Khanifar expanded it based on
ld.lld --help output; I've added a brief introduction and have
expanded the descriptions for some of the options.

What we have so far is in review at
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D13813. It's still rather bare-bones, but
I would like to commit it soon so that we have something to start
from, and continue fleshing it out in HEAD. Review and additional
content most welcome.