Re: [self base packages] pkg: packages for wrong OS version: FreeBSD:12:amd64

From: David Chisnall <theraven_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:13:34 +0000
On 10 Jan 2018, at 18:53, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I need to figure out a mechanism to make this simpler to handle to upgrade of
> base system while keeping this safety belt for users.
>
> Any idea is welcome

I believe the apt approach to this is to have a different verb (distupgrade vs upgrade) to perform complete version upgrades.  Ideally, the proper fix would probably be to depend on a base package version, rather than OSVERSION, and if the base packages are not being used to synthesise a phantom set of base package metadata based on OSVERSION.

David