Re: [CFT] AMD cpu microcode update port sysutils/devcpu-data D13832

From: Mike Tancsa <mike_at_sentex.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:12:31 -0500
On 1/12/2018 11:58 AM, Sean Bruno wrote:

> Probably, update your port of x86info.  I pushed an update for this and
> it might work better for you.

Thanks, I tried it but still generates the error / warning. What does it
mean ? (CPU0: local APIC error 0x80)

It does however get rid of the "Unknown CPU family" error.

root_at_testamd:/usr/ports/sysutils/devcpu-data # x86info -a | head
x86info v1.31pre
Found 12 identical CPUs
Extended Family: 8 Extended Model: 0 Family: 15 Model: 1 Stepping: 1
CPU Model (x86info's best guess): AMD Zen Series Processor (ZP-B1)
Processor name string (BIOS programmed): AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core
Processor

Number of reporting banks : 7

MCG_CTL:
 Data cache check enabled
root_at_testamd:/usr/ports/sysutils/devcpu-data #

>> Also your diff is based on a previous version of the port. There was an
>> update since, with new microcode from Intel that gets clobbered in your
>> diffs.
>>

> The update to Intel microcode was reverted.  So, possibly the tree you
> are using is out of date?

Ahh, yes. I must have grabbed the ports just before you backed it out

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-ports-all/2018-January/171209.html

Thanks!

	---Mike

--