mounting UFS2 filesystem with access mode via fstab

From: O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 11:37:16 +0100
Recently, I ran into the problem mounting a newly created /tmp, when I switched back from
a tmpfs-backed /tmp to a UFS2/SSD/HDD backed /tmp.

The convenience to set mode=01777 for the memory/tmpfs backed /tmp seems not to exist for
UFS2 backed filesystems, since manpage mount(8) doesn't give me any option provided via
-o which could accomplish what I can achieve with mode=, see man tmpfs(5).

Well, I guess I do miss something here or is this achievement reached on a different path
I'm unaware of?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

--
O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder Übermittlung meiner Daten für
Werbezwecke oder für die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (§ 28 Abs. 4 BDSG).