Re: [regression] The USB WiFi card stopped working: if_run doesn't create the 'run0' interface any more

From: Yuri <yuri_at_rawbw.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 14:32:19 -0700
On 07/03/18 13:54, Sean Bruno wrote:
> Yuri:
>
> If you're still having trouble, dump your rc.conf entries for your
> wireless.  Mine looks like this at the moment with iwn(4):
>
> wlans_iwn0="wlan0"
> ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
>
> seam

Thank you, Sean!

rc.conf has:

wlans_iwn0="wlan0"

ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"

wpa_supplicant_enable="YES"

wpa_supplicant_program="/usr/local/sbin/wpa_supplicant"

This worked before, and the only thing that has changed is that the system was updated.

The interface run0 exists.
After I run this command manually: ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev run0
wpa_supplicant works. But before this happened automatically, now it doesn't happen, and wpa_supplicant just fails.

Something in the system update affected the interoperability with wpa_supplicant.

Yuri