Re: atomic changes break drm-next-kmod?

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 16:01:59 -0700
On 7/3/18 3:40 PM, Matthew Macy wrote:
> This seems like a clang inline asm bug. Could you try building the port with a recent gcc against an unpatched HEAD?

I've already committed the patch to HEAD, but using 'e' is from the GCC docs, not clang docs:

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Machine-Constraints.html#Machine-Constraints

The disassembly of one of the functions from the kmod using one of the affected atomic ops would
show if it is working correctly (there should now be a mov with a 64-bit immediate into a register
followed by the atomic op using a register operand).  You could also try using just 'r' to always
force the use of a register.  It would be less optimal than "er" but should function correctly.