Re: EFI booting from external USB pen drive

From: Emmanuel Vadot <manu_at_bidouilliste.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 08:34:22 +0200
On 2018-07-06 04:17, Warner Losh wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 7:11 PM, Rodney W. Grimes <
> freebsd-rwg_at_pdx.rh.cn85.dnsmgr.net> wrote:

>> > https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/stand/efi/boot1/
>> generate-fat.sh?annotate=332561#l45
>> >
>> > nope.
>>
>> That is not the code we build release images with,
>> that is Warners tests for the boot loader.
>>

> No, that's the actual code that generates boot1.efiffat.
>
> Warner

  Yup, and EFI have no problem at all with this.
  FAT12 can work with all EFI implementation, the problem is the size of
the FAT12 part that sometimes causes problems.
  Rod, you are refering to the arm images which do not uses makefs or
generate-fat.sh but using md device and newfs_msdos.

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu_at_bidouilliste.com> <manu_at_freebsd.org>