Re: ntpd as ntpd user question

From: Filippo Moretti <filippomore_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 16:03:10 +0000 (UTC)

It does not matter the system no longer boot.
Filippo
    On Monday, July 23, 2018, 6:00:04 PM GMT+2, Filippo Moretti <filippomore_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

  I have ntpd both in etc(passwd and /etc/group but installworld fail saying that user ntpd is missing can you please let me know how
to manually edit the entries for ntpd in both files.Etcupdate fails
.It is rather odd because with the same hardware using ufs I did not run into problem with zfs system I get this error
Filippo

    On Monday, July 23, 2018, 1:00:10 PM GMT+2, Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd_at_daemonic.se> wrote:

 On 07/21/18 19:56, RW wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2018 11:14:45 -0600
> Ian Lepore wrote:
>

>> There's a "pre-world" stage of mergemaster (-Fp option I think) which
>> isn't needed often, but one of the times it is needed is apparently
>> when new user ids are added.
>
> I wish mergemaster had an option to just add new users and groups,
> rather than merging the files.

etcupdate is usually pretty good at automatically merge updates to files
without user interaction, even when the files are locally edited as
well.  For instance, I had no problem merging /etc/master.passwd and
/etc/group for the ntp change.
Regards
--
Niclas