EFI issues

From: Roman Bogorodskiy <novel_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 11:29:40 +0400
Hi,

I have a test box that's updated to -CURRENT usually once in a week or
two. This box boots using UEFI. After a regular update about two weeks
ago it started to panic on boot frequently (not UEFI related), but I
could not get a crash dump because my swap partition was too small. So I
moved data to the backup drive, repartitioned the main drive and boot
again. This went fine, so I decided to upgrade to fresh -CURRENT from
~Jul 27th. Booting with the new kernel went fine, but after installworld
machine stopped booting, and on the screen I see:

FreeBSD/amd64 EFI loader, ...

..

BootOrder: ....

And then it gets stuck and nothing happens.

As I already have a fresh backup, I decided that it'd be easier to
just re-install and copy data back over (maybe I messed up with
repartitioning). So I've downloaded a fresh snapshot:

FreeBSD-12.0-CURRENT-amd64-20180726-r336739-memstick.img

And re-installed. In the installer I choose all the same settings that
were before: UEFI + GPT, default partition scheme it suggested (efi
followed by freebsd-ufs followed by freebsd-swap), just increased the
swap size.

And the newly installed system won't boot just like a previous one:

https://people.freebsd.org/~novel/misc/freebsd_efi_lookup.jpg

Is there a way to recover this?

Roman Bogorodskiy