Re: panic: Assertion td->td_lock == TDQ_LOCKPTR(tdq) failed at /usr/src/sys/kern/sched_ule.c:2137

From: Ronald Klop <ronald-lists_at_klop.ws>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 13:40:27 +0200
This happened again. Now I have a crashdump.
Anyone interested?

Some more answers below.

On Fri, 01 Jun 2018 17:41:54 +0200, bob prohaska <fbsd_at_www.zefox.net>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 05:53:12PM +0200, Ronald Klop wrote:
>> I had a crash on my RPI-3B+ running freebsd 12/aarch64 from the 29 may
>> snapshot.
>> It was building world -j4 and portsnap extract.
>>
>> I will keep it in the debugger for about an hour so if I need to provide
>> more information, please mail me.
>>

>> db> show panic
>> panic: Assertion td->td_lock == TDQ_LOCKPTR(tdq) failed at
>> /usr/src/sys/kern/sched_ule.c:2137
>>
> This used to be a fairly common error on my RPI3, but I haven't seen
> it in some time.
>
> As a matter of curiosity, have you been able to run a -j4 buildworld
> to completion on your RPI3? If so, please post your setup. For several
> months now all my attempts at j4 buildworld have failed with "killed,
> out of swap" even though top seems to report minimal swap usage. It
> even happens with no -j value set at all, but usually restarting with
> -DNO_CLEAN allowed progress to pick up where it left off.
>
> Alas, as I write this, the kernel just reported
>
> Jun  1 08:34:34 www kernel: pid 19399 (c++), uid 0, was killed: out of
> swap space
>
> top is showing
> Swap: 4096M Total, 17M Used, 4079M Free
> but since top is alive the value is stale. Nonetheless, I have seen top
> killed while still showing minimal swap usage.
>
> It seems as if the "out of swap" kills are being issued in error..
>
> Thanks for reading,
>
> bob prohaska

I just received my RPI3 this week. It is running GENERIC with debug
options still. Building a -NODEBUG kernel from src didn't succeed yet
because of the mentioned panic.
I'm now building with -j2 to be on the safe side.

After I have the -NODEBUG kernel it will be a bit faster and I will try
-j4 again.

Regards,
Ronald.