Re: r334533 renders head unbootable on XenServer 7.4

From: Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 02:51:07 +0200
On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 6:50 PM, Trond Endrestøl <
Trond.Endrestol_at_fagskolen.gjovik.no> wrote:

> After trial and error, I found r334533 to be responsible for rendering
> head unbootable on XenServer 7.4. Neither of the two available
> XenServer patches has been applied on the host server.
>
> Normal and verbose boot messages stops non-deterministically at:
>
> hpet0: <High Precision Event Timer> iomem 0xfed00000-0xfed003ff on acpi0
>
> Or at:
>
> granttable0: <Xen Grant-table Device> on xenpv0
>
> This is on a non-critical VM, but I think this issue should be
> resolved by the time stable/12 becomes available, or if stable/11
> will be impacted by a MFH of r334533 in the near future.
>
> The host server will be upgraded to XenServer 7.5 by the end of the
> week, in case that makes the issue go away.

Thanks for the report. Next time if you identify the culprit please cc:
the committer - not everyone watches mailing lists too closely.

I set it up on FreeBSD as dom0 and verified the problem exists.
I fixed it with the following:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/334820

--
Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik gmail.com>