Re: Ryzen public erratas

From: Mike Tancsa <mike_at_sentex.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 10:24:17 -0400
On 6/14/2018 9:36 AM, Eric van Gyzen wrote:
> On 06/13/2018 05:35, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
>> Today I noted that AMD published the public errata document for Ryzens,
>> https://developer.amd.com/wp-content/resources/55449_1.12.pdf
>>
>> Some of the issues listed there looks quite relevant to the potential
>> hangs that some people still experience with the machines.  I wrote
>> a script which should apply the recommended workarounds to the erratas
>> that I find interesting.
>>
>> To run it, kldload cpuctl, then apply the latest firmware update to your
>> CPU, then run the following shell script.  Comments indicate the errata
>> number for the workarounds.
>>
>> Please report the results.  If the script helps, I will code the kernel
>> change to apply the workarounds.
> Kostik:  This thread on the -stable list has a lot of positive feedback:
>
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2018-June/089110.html

I have a couple of Epyc boxes that showed the same lockup behaviour. I
will re-install FreeBSD on them and see if their microcode updates fix
this issue as well...

Should I run the same cpuctl commands on those CPUs ?  BTW, I am happy
to loan one out to you in the FreeBSD netperf cluster for a few weeks

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400 x203