Re: Lack of /dev/vtvga0?

From: Chris H <bsd-lists_at_BSDforge.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 22:11:37 -0700
On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 23:31:58 -0500 "Mahmoud Al-Qudsi" <mqudsi_at_neosmart.net> said

> Hello list,
>
> As I've mentioned in a previous message, I've been working on trying to get
> proper graphics subsystem/desktop up and running under 12-CURRENT without
> any
> X components; something that was once possible a long time ago by using
> libvgl
> probably via SDL1.2 — an option that's been deprecated in SDL2 and isn't
> viable in all cases since libvgl doesn't support newcons/vt.
I'm not clear if you're already possibly referring to this. But have
you tried sc(4) ( SysCons ). If you haven't tried already;
adding the following to your loader.conf(5) should give it to you:

kern.vty=sc

You can also include it in your custom kernel by adding this to your
KERNCONF

device    sc
options   SC_PIXEL_MODE  # adds support for the raster text mode

Hope this helps.

--Chris