Re: error building clang in HEAD

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 08:19:35 -0700
Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at gmail.com wrote on
Sat Jun 23 13:41:00 UTC 2018 :

> cd /usr/src
> make -j10 makeworld
>
> which produces this error output:
>
> ===> lib/clang/libclang (all)
> error: unable to rename temporary 'Sema/SemaTemplate-12ad7e30.o.tmp' to output file 'Sema/SemaTemplate.o': 'No such file or directory'
> 1 error generated.
> --- Sema/SemaTemplate.o ---
> *** [Sema/SemaTemplate.o] Error code 1

What version of head ( -r?????? )?

Is this an AMD Ryzen, AMD Ryzen Threadripper, or AMD Epyc
context? If not, what is the alternative in use? Other
details could be relevant as well.

There was a time when there were various reports of such
for Ryzen variants but the failure would not be on the
same file each time and some builds would work. (I've
seen such myself but likely will not have access to a
Ryzen context again and it will likely be months for
access to a Ryzen Threadripper. So I'm just suggesting
additional information to report.)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com