Re: error building clang in HEAD

From: Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 18:24:12 +0200
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:28:18 -0700
Bryan Drewery <bdrewery_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 6/24/2018 12:57 AM, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:05:16 +0200
> > Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> >> What's the "makeworld" target?  I've not heard of this.
> >>

> > A typo.  I meant buildowrld.

> >> This typically happens if "make obj" was not run before the rest of the
> >> make targets.  Normally, the order is: make obj, then make depend, then
> >> make (a.k.a. make all).
> >>
> >> Is there a directory /usr/obj/usr/src/lib/libclang/Sema ?
> >>

> > Well, I would hope/expect that make buildworld does make obj.
> >
> > Yes, the directory was there.
> >

> Actually neither 'make obj' nor 'make depend' is done or needed anymore
> in buildworld.
>
> The directory above is incorrect, please check for
>
>     /usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/lib/clang/libclang/Sema

Well, now everything is there because I ran a buildworld without -j.

> Do you have another Makefile or script that is executing
> buildworld for you?

No, I use a bash alias named mw:
mw is aliased to `pushd /usr/src;time make -s -j$NCPU buildworld;popd'

NCPU is defined as 10.

> What's in your src.conf and make.conf?

The only changes I made recently were to /etc/src.conf when I added:

WITHOUT_LLVM_TARGET_AARCH64=yes
WITHOUT_LLVM_TARGET_ARM=ys
WITHOUT_LLVM_TARGET_MIPS=yes
WITHOUT_LLVM_TARGET_POWERPC=yes
WITHOUT_LLVM_TARGET_SPARC=yes
WITH_LLVM_TARGET_X86=yes

Otherwise, I haven't touched src.conf or make.conf in  a long time.

I'll try commenting these out and see what happens.

--
Gary Jennejohn