Re: System76 Galago Pro with 8th gen CPU

From: Greg <greg_at_unrelenting.technology>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 13:11:17 +0300
On 03/07, Eric van Gyzen wrote:
>Has anyone tried -CURRENT on the latest System76 Galago Pro with an 8th
>gen Kaby Lake R?  All the reports I've heard, including the Laptops page
>on the wiki, concern systems with a 7th gen Kaby Lake.

"8th gen Kaby Lake" WTF Intel, what are you doing with the naming here…

If Kaby Lake R's GPU has the same PCI ID as normal Kaby Lake,
drm-next-kmod should work out of the box. Otherwise, you'd need to patch
it to recognize the GPU. Here's the patch for Coffee Lake:
https://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commitdiff/8bbe1960fe796710efd0a16cb284f594c504d985