Re: freebsd-update: to a specific patch level - help please?

From: Rainer Duffner <rainer_at_ultra-secure.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 22:24:22 +0100
> Am 21.03.2018 um 22:12 schrieb Derek (freebsd lists) <482254ac_at_razorfever.net>:
>
> Hi!
>
> I was surprised when using freebsd-update, that there was no way to specify a patch level.

AFAIK, the usual answer to these kinds of requests is: „Run your own freebsd-update server“.

Mirroring one of the existing ones is AFAIK neither guaranteed to work nor desired by the current „administration“.

I’ve contemplated doing both, but never had enough heart-ache to do it and never thought the pay-off would be greater than the potential problems.

It’s also a somewhat transient problem now because - AFAIK - FreeBSD will see packaged base and you can probably mirror those packages and snapshot the directory at any point in time.
And/Or it’s just easier to create these base-packages yourselves vs. running your own freebsd-update server.