Re: webcamd based touchscreen problem on Pi3

From: Bernd Walter <ticso_at_cicely7.cicely.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 06:24:51 +0200
On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 01:28:06AM +0200, Bernd Walter wrote:
> I somehow suspect that the device is dropping data, when the driver isn't
> retrieving it fast enough.
> I can't say for sure however, because usbdump has more interupt packets than
> there is events on the /dev/input , although X and Y coordinates come in the
> same packet.
> But I couldn't isolate the button packets yet.

The 10" (not the early model I had before) is working fine now using wmt(4).
I'd tested with wmt(4) before, but it failed.
Interestingly xf86-input-mouse via usbhidlib did work with mouse emulation on
the 7", which the 10" doesn't have, but the emulation of the device was bad
and in touch mode X crashed on both displays during device init.
uep(4) doesn't work at all, it is for a completely different protocol used on
some older eGalax devices - obviously some with resistive touch, but not sure.
Similar the egalax_ts.c in webcamd is only for the older eGalax devices.
Have to see why wmt(4) doesn't like the older devices, maybe this can be fixed.

--
B.Walter <bernd_at_bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de