Re: zfskern{txg_thread_enter} thread using 100% or more CPU

From: Steve Wills <swills_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 16:27:04 -0400
I finally caught this happening while I had "lockstat sleep 1" running
in a loop, the output looks like:

https://gist.github.com/swills/a2a20c2a4296a4c596ec7f329fb945ab

And top looks like this:

https://gist.github.com/swills/6e749313e52679224adec91d4841ad83

Also noticed that there are actually 2 threads of pid 17
[zfskern{txg_thread_enter}] which are reporting 57% and 42% of disk IO,
everything else is idle as far as IO. The system is not totally
unresponsive, processes that don't need IO are working, but anything
that needs IO hangs. Perhaps it's a hardware issue, but I can't find any
other evidence of it. Any ideas?

Steve