suspend/resume regression

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 19:25:44 -0700
hi there - i have an amd64 laptop that's been running CURRENT for a
while using both drm-next and drm-stable for graphics. during the past
week or so i've run into issues with suspend resume...well technically
resume has stopped working.  i've tested a couple configurations and
none have allowed my system to resume successfully:

- drm-next installed with DMC firmware loaded
- drm-next installed without DMC firmware loaded (worked previously)
- drm-stable with DMC
- drm-stable without DMC
- no drm modules loaded.

I've also tested these configs with the following sysctl set to 0 and 1:
hw.acpi.reset_video

at this point i'd like to help find what the regression i'm running into
is, so any pointers on how i can help? the system seems to boot and i'm
pretty sure i can ssh into it most times, just not sure what info i
should grab to help.  nothing of interest in messages or dmesg buffer
either.

cheers,
-pete

--