Re: suspend/resume regression

From: Theron <theron.tarigo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 23:35:21 -0400
On 05/13/18 15:44, Pete Wright wrote:
>> so i've done a bit more debugging on my end.  i've even installed the
>> 11.2-BETA branch last night since 11-STABLE worked without issues
>> about a month or so ago.
>>
>> i've set "debug.acpi.resume_beep=1" and when resuming after entering
>> an S3 sleep state the bell rings and does not stop until i do a hard
>> reset (both with i915kms loaded and unloaded).
>>
>> kinda at a loss as to how this could break both CURRENT and basically
>> 11-STABLE.  i'm going to make a ubuntu live image and test that, my
>> laptop is a System76 laptop that shipped with ubuntu originally.  if
>> that is broken as well then i guess this could be a hardware issue.
>>
> ubuntu live image suspends/resumes without issue so this certainly
> seems to be a freebsd issue unfortunately.  i guess next step is to
> attempt to find a working CURRENT snapshot that does suspend/resume
> without issue then start looking at commits?
>
> -pete

Returning to the original issue: complete failure to resume, rather than
slowness: I am affected as well.  CURRENT r333093 worked, but r333582
fails in a manner consistent with what Pete has described, with or
without drm loaded.  There have been a few commit messages mentioning
ACPI in that window of history, which I will use to help me bisect when
I have time.

Theron