Deadlocks / hangs in ZFS

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_leidinger.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 10:17:49 +0200
Hi,

does someone else experience deadlocks / hangs in ZFS?

What I see is that if on a 2 socket / 4 cores -> 16 threads system I
do a lot in parallel (e.g. updating ports in several jails), then the
system may get into a state were I can login, but any exit (e.g. from
top) or logout of shell blocks somewhere. Sometimes it helps to CTRL-C
all updates to get the system into a good shape again, but most of the
times it doesn't.

On another system at the same rev (333966) with a lot less CPUs (and
AMD instead of Intel), I don't see such a behavior.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net Alexander_at_Leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF