Re: [RFC] Deprecation and removal of the drm2 driver

From: Philip Homburg <pch-fbsd-1_at_u-1.phicoh.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 13:41:15 +0200
>It's not that hard create a mbr based usb-stick. Far easier than to find a
>CD burner.

'Not hard' means
- undocumented. Or at least, if you start with release notes and install
  instructions you won't find it.
- Probably only works if you already have a FreeBSD system.

And if it is indeed 'not hard', why not just generate such an image as part
of the release build?

>I believe boot/loader.conf is something you have to create, it is not there
>by default.

That's not the problem. The problem is that it lives on a separate zpool that
is lost at every reboot.