Re: Another recent WITH_META_MODE= gotcha ": handling svn commit: r334008 - head/bin/sh

From: Bryan Drewery <bdrewery_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 09:32:55 -0700
On 5/25/2018 2:49 AM, M&S - Krasznai András wrote:
> Hi
>
> I found another problem with compiling FreeBSD-CURRENT
>
> when I tried to compile GENERIC instead of my custom I run into the following:
>
> make installworld fails with
>
> /bin/sh: /usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/rescue/rescue/rescue: not found
> rescue/sh check failed, installation aborted.
>
> I used originally a customized src.conf which - among others - specifies WITHOUT_RESCUE.
> When trying to compile GENERIC I removed src.conf and I thought I would get a complete FreeBSD-CURRENT with GENERIC, with rescue files, etc.

Unclear to me. You did buildworld with WITHOUT_RESCUE=yes set and then
removed 'WITHOUT_RESCUE' from your src.conf (by removing src.conf), and
then did buildworld and then installworld and hit this issue? All with
WITH_META_MODE=yes? Or did you disable META_MODE at some point?

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery