evdev + ps/2 dell touchpad weirdness

From: Johannes Lundberg <johalun0_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 08:45:07 +0100
Hi

I could swear this was working a couple of months ago but since installing
new kernel+world a couple of times and revisiting using Weston or X with
udev+evdev+libinput I can't get all the events.

Using libinput-debug-events on my dell laptop touchpad (psm driver with
hw.psm.synaptics=1) I get events for two finger scroll Y (no horizontal
scroll but that's another issue), single finger tap (left mouse), two
finger tap (right mouse) but not single finger movements, that is I can't
move the mouse cursor...

Changing to trackpoint, elantech, etc makes no difference.

All packages are from stock ports.