axp288 on Intel HW

From: Johannes Lundberg <johalun0_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 08:51:31 +0000
Hi

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Miix 310 that has a Intel CherryTrail CPU and it
runs FreeBSD quite nicely (with accelerated graphics). What I'm missing is
battery life status..

I can get this information using smb (for some reason i2c just returns
error sending start condition)
smbmsg -f /dev/smb6 -s 0x68 -c 0xB9 -i 1 -F %d

In emergency this works but it would be nice to have a kernel driver for
it.

I found the axp2xx driver for Allwinner in the tree. Would it be possible
to share this with amd64 with not too much effort?

If not, all I'm really interested in is battery status so I might just hack
together a simple driver for that report values to hw.acpi.battery (because
I don't think there is a sysctl for battery info that aggregates different
sources?)

Datasheet for the pmic can be found here
http://download.bbs.ickey.cn/201707/cfe88ee7ef01eed7a4586ce340165da0.pdf

Cheers