Re: Devd / devmatch(8) -- netif race 12-RC1

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 20:02:24 +0100
Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com> writes:
> coretemp is a CPU device, and so I'm not sure we have the right PNP
> information for the CPU bus for it to even load.

The coretemp device is not really a device, it's just a couple of MSRs.
As such, it is not attached to an enumerable bus, or any bus at all that
devd's aware of.  The only way to find out if it's supported is to call
the driver's identify method, which checks the cpuid and creates a
device instance for each reported sensor.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no