Re: SCSI and dmesg

From: Brooks Davis <brooks_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 18:08:03 +0000
On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 11:01:01AM -0700, Alan Somers wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 10:49 AM Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com> wrote:

> >> Sounds like somebody needs to adopt sysutils/bsdstats.  It's a great
> >> start, but it needs some TLC.
> >>

> > Except there's no available data from it. And it's not a great start, but
> > a terrible one. It gathers the wrong things.
> >
> > Warner
> >

> What do you mean "no available data"?  Are you saying that you'd prefer
> direct access to the server rather than access through the web UI?  I'm
> sure Scrappy would allow that.  He's implied that he'd like some help with
> the server.  What I like about bsdstats is that it's much more structured
> than your dmesg service.  Instead of a big long string, it gathers
> structured info with sysctl, pciconf, and pkg.  Plus, it already has a
> port, it's integrated into periodic(8), and it has a website.  If it omits
> some information that you would like to see, then you should enhance it;
> not replace it.

The data isn't available through the UI because it's broken.  Try
drilling down to find all the NIC types for example and you'll get:

	ERROR !!

	an e-mail has been sent to the staff
	we are sorry for this problem

I've reported this multiple time and at least once Scrappy claimed it
was fixed, but it wasn't.

-- Brooks