Re: Sound issues with Dell Latitude 7490 (kabylake)

From: Eric van Gyzen <eric_at_vangyzen.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 14:29:39 -0500
>>> Thanks. So if you try this:
>>>
>>> sysctl dev.hdaa.0.nid24_config="as=4 seq=15"
>>> sysctl dev.hdaa.0.nid21_config="as=1 seq=15"
>>> sysctl dev.hdaa.0.reconfig=1
>>
>> Works, thank you!
>
>   Dude that's some serious shit !
>   Jacob, is this documented somewhere ?
>   I haven't read the driver code but what does as/seq etc represent
> there ?

snd_hda(4) is very helpful.

>   What could we do to make this
> easier for users ?

We can commit similar changes to the kernel driver.  kstaring on github
has ported many such changes from Linux to FreeBSD:

	https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/pull/139
	https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/pull/144

I don't know if his port includes the changes Rod needs.

I was planning to commit these when life calms down enough to test them.
  If anyone beats me to it, I would be delighted.  I was also waiting
until after 12.0, but in hindsight, I wish I had just committed them.

Eric