Re: Dependencies – drm-kmod, drm-stable-kmod and drm-next-kmod

From: Niclas Zeising <zeising_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 15:03:08 +0200
On 10/7/18 7:17 AM, Graham Perrin wrote:
> According to <https://www.freshports.org/graphics/drm-kmod/#requiredtorun>:
>
> - for drm-kmod, drm-stable-kmod is the sole runtime dependency.
>
> Below, I see -next- (not -stable-):
>
> $ pkg rquery %dn graphics/drm-kmod
> drm-next-kmod
> drm-next-kmod
> $
>
> – is that contrary to what's at FreshPorts? (Do I misunderstand something?)
>
> ----
>
> More:
>
> $ pkg rquery %rn graphics/drm-kmod
> $
>
> $ pkg rquery %dn graphics/drm-stable-kmod
> gpu-firmware-kmod
> gpu-firmware-kmod
> $ pkg rquery %rn graphics/drm-stable-kmod
> $
>
> $ pkg rquery %dn graphics/drm-next-kmod
> gpu-firmware-kmod
> gpu-firmware-kmod
> $ pkg rquery %rn graphics/drm-next-kmod
> drm-kmod
> drm-kmod
> $
>
> – is there _truly_ intended to be some dependency between drm-next-kmod and drm-kmod?

Hi!
The version of drm-*-kmod that's pulled in is dependent on your FreeBSD
version.  The dependenvy shown on FreshPorts is probably based on the
version of FreeBSD FreshPorts is using to parse the ports tree.

gpu-firmware-kmod is a dependency of all drm-*-kmod ports, but it's not
a direct dependency of drm-kmod.

Regards
--
Niclas Zeising