OpenSSL 1.1.1 Update report (ongoing)

From: Eric McCorkle <eric_at_metricspace.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 09:18:59 -0400
I'm currently in the process of updating my laptop, rebuilding world,
then rebuilding *all* ports.  I have a large number of ports installed
(around 1200), and I tend to select a lot of build options.

This report is intended to help shake out issues relating to OpenSSL
1.1.1.  I'll be adding to this report as things progress.

So far:

* I'd seen issues with some C++ files not including string.h.  I can't
seem to reproduce this on my other laptop, so I'm going to assume it's
fixed.

* Base libpmc jevents issue: buildworld fails for me when building
libpmc.  It appears to be missing a dependency link to build the jevents
executable in the pmu-events subdirectory.  I was able to work around
this by manually running make in that directory, then copying the result
to the object directory for LIB32 builds

* librtmp: C compile errors directly attributable to OpenSSL 1.1.1
(missing defs, etc)

* graphics/graphviz circular deps (unrelated to OpenSSL 1.1.1): graphviz
with gnomeui and/or librsvg options ticked ends up depending on vala,
which depends on graphviz.  Unrelated to OpenSSL 1.1.1, but warrants
reporting.

That's all so far.  Will send more info as it comes.