dmesg submission service -- please submit today

From: Edward Sanford Sutton, III <mirror176_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 02:46:41 -0700
  Thank you for asking; I used the one-liner in hopes that it helps. I
presume the same areas can be used from a release/stable/current boot
media to gather it from another machine not running FreeBSD presently
but will be a likely future goal so will try to get it submitted too.
  I would appreciate seeing this as an option or request on installs and
think it could make a good reminder in the output when binary updating
or source rebuilding or in the UPDATING file (I'm more likely to check
there than in the handbook). Adding it to normal dmesg output or a login
message would seem too bloated and likely to be removed or ignored.
  If something is planned for removal, documenting it and mentioning it
in output when it is loaded both could help spread awareness. If needing
feedback from those users, it could make it clear it is considered for
removal so that people who need to speak up about being a user have a
chance to be heard then too.
  freebsd.org hosting it would lead to more trust and easy control of a
command sequence to generate it with options, review contents, then
submit it would get more feedback.
  Anyways, I'm not a regular to this list and I only found out as I was
browsing through release+stable+current mailings, PRs, changes, and
patches under review for my issue of processes getting stuck in the
pfault state (as listed by top) when I get down to about 140M free of
32G until more and more processes lock up. Power button set for shutdown
usually eventually gives one after it begins killing things due to
timeouts being reached. Though I have had some luck with patches
improving how long until I can expect a needed action be taken, I've
decided 11.2 is not stable enough for use so will likely go to 12-stable
with hopes of changes I have not yet tested. I got rid of my last 10M
adapter last year when I ran across it as any reason I may reach for it
would be a painful experience to not just replace it.
Thank you and good luck on a smooth cleanup,
Edward Sanford Sutton, III