Re: 12-BETA1 contains warning about non-PNP ISA device

From: Rodney W. Grimes <freebsd-rwg_at_pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 07:32:27 -0700 (PDT)

> > > Further investigation shows me that this comes from
> > > generic code in sys/isa/isa_common.c, and does not
> > > come from any specific driver markings.
> >
> > My new Ryzen says:
> >
> > atkbdc0: non-PNP ISA device will be removed from GENERIC in FreeBSD 12.
> >
> > Believe it or not, my motherboard has a PS/2 connector, so I could
> > actually use this driver someday.
> >

> I'll look into this. Rest assured, we won't be removing this. In theory,
> all such devices should be attaching via ACPI.
>
> Can you send me the output of 'devinfo -v' off list?

I suspect something funny happens when there is already a
USB keyboard plugged in that has been enumerated by ACPI,
I would be willing to speculate that it leaves the legacy
port visible as a legacy non PnP/Non ACPI device.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgrimes_at_freebsd.org