RE: Celeron J3160 with enabled Turbo mode stays at 480MHz(lowestsetting) forever and can not lower frequency without Tuebo mode

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 07:51:28 -0700
I don't think you need something accurate.

We don't know whether it is implemented through ACPI or similar to the old turbo jumper on the MB, which increased the clock rate and sometimes the voltage ( required to maintain stability when increasing the clock rate). We don't know how your MB manufacturer implemented this.

My guess is it's probably through ACPI but you don't know until you have some rough measurements.

---
Sent using a tiny phone keyboard.
Apologies for any typos and autocorrect.
Also, this old phone only supports top post. Apologies.

Cy Schubert
<Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com> or <cy_at_freebsd.org>
---